Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, March 21, 2003

Pray for Peace



And you can listen to a prayer for peace in many different languages here.

I spent my lunch with some coworkers who were watching the Kentucky/IUPUI basketball game when CBS broke in with footage of the begin of the "all out" air attacks on Baghdad. It makes me sick, because I know people are dying.

I still don't see how you can justify this much destruction, in terms of innocent lives, cultural treasures, etc., all in the name of creating stability and taking out a dictator's regime. I agree that Hussein may be on the same level as, say, Stalin. But I still think diplomacy, assassination, even revolution could be the answer, rather than a large country with most of the world's firepower traipsing in under the label of liberators.

Great power brings great responsibility. I feel like our leaders are a bunch of boys with plastic soldiers. Only these soldiers bleed, die. And somehow those toy kits never include civilians to mow down, do they?

No comments: