Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, March 14, 2003

Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Do you like talking on the phone? Why or why not?
Not particularly. I generally sound like an idiot without a script.

2. Who is the last person you talked to on the phone?
A woman who had offered me a job interview. I was cancelling our appointment. (More on that later).

About how many telephones do you have at home?
One. Why bother with more?

Have you encountered anyone who has really bad phone manners? What happened?
Oh, yes. I did telephone survey research for the university for several years. Most people were okay, if sometimes evasive. The worst were people who swore or were generally abusive but never actually said 'no'. They got the earliest/latest/dinner hour callbacks. :)

5. Would you rather pick up the phone and call someone or write them an e-mail or a letter? Why or why not?
It depends on the person. Generally I prefer to e-mail because I express myself better in writing, I can send it easily without procrastinating, and I get to keep a copy. Sometimes, though, I need to hear another voice on the other line. For example, I invariably call my mom when I'm sick because it somehow makes it better. If I'm feeling trapped in the house (say, like during the ice storm), I call people. Otherwise I try to keep things short. Basically, with a couple of exceptions, if I call just to "chat" I'm feeling lonely and maybe anxious. Which is another reason I try not to call too much. Besides, I tend to call people when they're in the middle of having sex. :)

No comments: