Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, February 02, 2003

Okay, it's a little late, but here's my Friday Five



1. As a child, who was your favorite superhero/heroine? Why?
I liked Spiderman because he was basically a normal human, with all the human problems, with special powers. His special powers only complicated his life--they really didn't make them easier. Same with the hulk as played by Bill Bixby/Lou Ferrigno. I liked Wonder Woman because she was a strong woman, an Amazon, with really cool things like invisible planes and indestructable bracelets. As an ungraceful child, I desperately wanted grace and poise. Fighting evil doers and maintaining your femininity was the legacy of Wonder Woman.

2. What was one thing you always wanted as a child but never got?
A train set.

3. What's the furthest from home you've been?
Hmm...that's a little difficult, seeing as when I travelled I was home (being a military brat). If you take Kentucky as home, though, the furthest I've been is Vandenberg AFB, California, which is on the West Coast.

4. What's one thing you've always wanted to learn but haven't yet?
Horseback riding. (Yeah, and I live in "the horse capital of the world". I know.

5. What are your plans for the weekend?
Laundry/Scrabble night on Friday. Going over to a friend's on Saturday to make up for the long JCAHO-week of doom when we couldn't get together. Playing Cthulhu.

[Of course, in retrospect, Cthulhu was cancelled due to one of the women needing to go on a buying trip--she's a costumer for a local university theatre programme.]

No comments: