Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, March 30, 2002

I'm saddened by the news of the death of Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother today.



The BBC is running a series of news stories and retrospectives. I have always had a great deal of respect for the Queen Mother, especially in her rapport with Britons and her strength of character during the Blitz, but also in her zest for life and the style in which she lived it. She was both tough and fun, the picture of a lady, and she represented a century of great change. Here in Kentucky, her passion for horses would be dearly understood. Although death is inevitable for each of us, she seems to have lived her life to the fullest with great dignity, and to have died in peace having touched many hearts. I'm not sure any of us could dream of better.

The BBC is also allowing people to mail in tributes/condolences and posting them to their website. I haven't seen an official condolence book posted online yet (as they did when Princess Diana died), but if I do, I'll pass that along.

No comments: