Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, January 26, 2002

Yet another quiz gleaned from Zabet's blog. I'll let you go there from her link--I lost mine when the computer glitched. Interesting how we compare.



Your view on yourself

Other people find you very interesting, but you are really hiding your true self. Your friends love you because you are a good listener; they'll probably still love you if you learn to be yourself with them.

Hmm...still working on the listening part--I'm one of those people who is uncomfortable with silence, so I'm usually too busy talking. I must be doing something right, though. I sometimes think my library is the Ten Forward of the hospital.

The type of girl/boyfriend you are looking for

You are not looking merely for a girl/boyfriend - you are looking for your life partner. Perhaps you should be more open-minded about who you spend time with. The person you are looking for might hide their charm under their exterior.

Dead on. I am a hopeless romantic, albeit one who hasn't dated in years. I'm so clueless I could trip over Mr./Ms. Right and never know. I just hope my friends are around to make sure I notice.

Your readiness to commit to a relationship

You prefer to get to know a person very well before deciding whether you will commit to the relationship.

Righto. And even then, I'll probably mess up. I had to marry someone just to figure out what was wrong with our relationshp. I used to be too quick to fill in the holes with what I wanted to see. Hopefully I'm over that, but I haven't had a chance to try it out. My friends have orders to shoot me if I ever start down that path again.

The seriousness of your love

You like to flirt and behave seductively. The opposite sex finds this very attractive, and that's why you'll always have admirers hanging off your arms. But how serious are you about choosing someone to be in a relationship with?

Me, flirt? Seductively? Gee, I never learnt how to walk in heels, and you expect me to flirt? I've been described as frigid. (Okay, so I have issues involving physical contact. I hate being hugged. I'm getting better though, I don't grimace as much anymore.) I wonder what I answered that got me this one. The mirror? It wasn't to look in--I just thought it was shiny and pretty, and I didn't want a bottle lying around messing up my forest.

Your views on education

Education is very important in life. You want to study hard and learn as much as you can.

Oh, yeah, the more obscure the topic, the better.

The right job for you

You're a practical person and will choose a secure job with a steady income. Knowing what you like to do is important; find a regular job doing just that and you'll be set for life.

Security's a big issue for me. I think it comes from growing up in the military. I went to 3 different junior highs in three different states. Try building a sense of security with that, then add a father who drops you and your mom to persue a second childhood. Ugh.

How do you view success?

You are afraid of failure and scared to have a go at the career you would like to have in case you don't succeed. Do not give up when you have not even started yet! Be courageous!

Easy for them to say. =:)

What are you most afraid of?

You are afraid of things that you cannot control. Sometimes you show your anger to cover up how you feel.

Have I mentioned what a wonderful substance Paxil is? Or that I'm obsessive-compulsive? Socially phobic? Prone to panic attacks? A borderline personality? It's amazing how much my life has changed over the last year simply because of an adjustment in brain chemistry. But I'm still slogging ahead.

Who is your true self?

You are mature, reasonable, honest and give good advice. People ask for your comments on all sorts of different issues. Sometimes you might find yourself in a dilemma when trapped with a problem, which your heart, rather than your head, needs to solve.

I'm definitely an intuition over logic person. But, yeah, except for my more psycho moments, this is me, or at least where I'm heading (I hope).

No comments: