Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, January 23, 2002

Hello all. I usually try not to post during work hours, but really, my brain is starting to soften due to lots of HTML code, so I thought I'd take a break. I went to Zabet's blog and did some reading. We're usually so busy it helps if we read each other's posts so we don't spend all our time catching up on the latest news. As usual, she had a pointer to a great quiz, which I took, with this result (which, for those of you who know me, is no surprise whatsoever!):






You will marry RICK O'CONNELL (played by Brendan Fraser) from The Mummy, live in dusty occasionally cursed archaeological dig sites in the middle of the desert, and spend your days riding camels, searching for lost cities, and shooting the living dead.

What's YOUR M * A * S * H future?



Remember, I am a librarian, and yes, I am proud to be one, and all librarians ARE this much trouble. :)


By the way, if you like adventures like The Mummy and you like reading, you may want to try out the Amelia Peabody mysteries by Elizabeth Peters, beginning with Crocodile on a Sandbank. Like the movie, they have an adventurous Aegyptological couple with a precocious son (who would have probably outwitted the mummy single-handedly, rather than just annoying him). These predate the movie, and are ongoing (they start when the couple meet. Their son is now married.) I re-read these regularly, even though I know the story's solution, just because I love the characters so much. When I really want to relax, I stick with an Aegyptian theme: Amelia Peabody, The Mummy movies, and Stargate.



I've decided to (once again) change the template of this blog. What can I say--I get bored easily and needed something with colour, so it seemed a go. Hope you like it.

No comments: