Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, March 30, 2024

Here's hoping it all goes to plan

So, tomorrow's Easter, but being Pagan, I don't celebrate, and we're just having a quiet weekend. Tuesday is my birthday, and while normally I'd really be looking at the weather for that (I hate it when it rains on mine, but on the other hand I am currently not bothered by the forecast for thunderstorms). No...I'm concerned about April 8th.




We are not, unfortunately in the path of totality for the Total Solar Eclipse of  2024, being about 96%, and I'm not able to drive 3 hours somewhere to see that, which is a pity, as the two main things I would like to see in the sky are a total solar eclipse and the aurora borealis (Northern Lights). But I'm ready nonetheless. I have Celestron eclipse glasses, one of the brands that are advocated as safe, a solar filter for my cellphone camera, I'm off for the day. I just need Mother Nature to cooperate.  So far we've gone from AM showers to mixed sun and clouds. Here's hoping!

No comments: