Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, July 01, 2023

First workout in awhile

So I joined the YMCA again. This is my first workout since joining (since we had our for for a week). Did 10 minutes on the Nu-Step (reclining elliptical). I made it 10 minutes, but hey, baby steps. Since I'm so out of condition I don't want to do too much too quickly. But I got my heart rate up some and got sweaty, so I guess I did okay. My right knee hurt during it, so I lowered the load a bit, but it feels better now that I'm sitting and hydrating. Trying to decide if I want to do anything with the warm pool today or wait. The weather has closed the aquatic centre outside, so I'm sure the kids are in there.

PS Thanks to my coworker Darren, whom I ran into at the Beaumont Kroger and who guided me to a new lock for the locker room. I'm not familiar with that store as it's across town. Of course, it's got a lot of non-food items so of course I got other stuff, much more than I planned on (I really just came in for the lock and a bottle of water). I have a regular lock but have no idea where the keys are, and I can't remember the combination on one I finally got rid of, which is typical.

No comments: