Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, April 01, 2023

Getting crafty

The first bracelet I designed and made myself, plus earrings I made a few months ago. The earrings are amethyst, and the bracelet is amethyst, lava, howlite, and black onyx. Not sure what that combination means in gem lore, but I thought they were pretty. Wish I'd had room for three elephants, but my wrist is smaller than it once was. I had just enough cord to knot the other end onto. Next time I'll know to allow a little extra. Fortunately, the cord is stretchy, so that was helpful. Anyway. I'm happy with it, and it was nice to do something creative. (And the other day a child complimented me on the first pair of earrings I'd made from amethyst chips. It felt very nice, and it inspired a little more effort).

UPDATE: Apparently, I made a nice combination of stone properties. Howlite is for emotional healing, and amethyst is for clarity of thought, calmness, and spiritual healing. Black onyx is for grounding and balance. Lava rock, which is basalt, is also grounding, but can also be used to diffuse essential oils. 🙂



No comments: