Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, January 17, 2019

So much for new year's resolutions

Oh, and I'm sick again, have been since Sunday's game. I went to work Monday hoping it wasn't anything to worry about, but it's a nasty cold and I stayed home Tuesday, Wednesday, and today, and when I went to the Little Clinic yesterday (my doctor couldn't get me in the day before), they did a flu test, which was negative, but gave me some cough syrup and told me not to go back to work until Monday. I'm still very tired and coughing, and snotty, but I am feeling a smidge better. I've actually sat up for about two hours at a time, maybe an hour and a half, and that's better than the half an hour at a time I was doing previously. I also took a trip this morning to get some Mucinex and cough drops and picked up some Lysol wipes at the time, but unfortunately, it was like closing the barn door after the horses were out--YKWIA appears to be coming down with it now.  :(

I've gone through an entire 124-tissue box of facial tissue. I got another one today.  Even the kind with the lotion has rubbed my nose raw to the point of needing to put more lotion on it.  Tomorrow I should get an order of some medical supplies from an online store that takes flexible spending cards, and one of the things I got is the nasal gel you use when you have a CPAP, as they can dry your nose out a lot.  I'm looking forward to that stuff.  I also got some extra pen needles (I take seven injections a day, but I tend to get just one box with my prescription, and that's only 100--so you can do the math).

Anyway, I'm feeling up to short bursts of the Internet, although I'm still spending a lot of time in bed and taking my non-drowsy cough syrup and trying to hydrate.  I guess that's best for now.

No comments: