I have been off since Friday and I've mostly either run some errands or relaxed, visited friends, etc. Last night was a very quiet New Year's Eve. We visited a friend who got us all Subway sandwiches, and then I hung out with the cats and watched the ball drop and YKWIA spoke on the phone with a friend in the Chicago area.
The following new year's resolutions are on track:
- Reducing soda intake. I drink way too much diet soda. I'm going to limit it and try to transition to some coffee. I did drink one today, but considering on the weekends I've been drinking two 2-litres and some days at work I have five out of the machine, I definitely need to work on this, both from a health standpoint and money one. So I'm going to try to limit it to one a day, then taper off to coffee, and then taper that further over time.
- Blogging! No more waiting two weeks or a month between posts. Granted I was sick a good portion of last month, but my blogging was pathetic. I'd like this blog to flourish, and it really hasn't been of late.
- Watching my blood sugar better--testing, taking medicine, and not eating so much out of the snack machines. I did take all my medicine correctly earlier, but this will really get tested at work.
- Done my friend's laundry.
- Done all the dishes.
- Made bread (in progress).
- Backed up the computers (in progress).
- Gone to Kroger (three times), once for sweetener, once for bread yeast, and now I'm going for a zucchini.
- Bought a MegaMillions ticket.
- Ordered a game for a friend who gave me his Amazon gift cards to do so (he doesn't have a computer, but he does have an Xbox One S, and I checked to make sure this Xbox 360 game, which is older, should work).