Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, December 31, 2017

Hope you have an absolutely happy and safe New Year!

We're three hours away from 2018 here.  Brenda has left after much mayhem, first by playing the Harry Dresden Cooperative Card Game that she got for Christmas, and then in the Call of Cthulhu game, where we are back in about 1080 CE trying to prevent the King in Yellow from bringing He Who Shall Not Be Named (no, not Voldemort) from arriving from Carcosa.  I'm afraid we're probably going to lose characters before this is all over, and the timeline may be changed for the worse.

YKWIA is either playing or listening to a game on the computer, I suspect Mah Jongg, given the Asian tones playing, and I've lit a candle and am in my room on the computer, using my phone hotspot. The lavender scent is lovely.  I'm considering breaking out some blackberry mead I have in the refrigerator for the New Year, although I rarely drink.  But I had quite a bit of fruit at the game and some herb bread I made for us earlier today, and that might not be the best way to finish off a high-carbohydrate day when you have diabetes.  So we'll see.

Anyway, I hope you have a lovely New Year's Eve, and I hope to be writing more in 2018.  I think I'm going to listen to some music now and relax.  I've cleaned, made bread, played the game (although I didn't actually do anything except have a foreboding feeling--Brenda's character is male, so he's out dealing with cannibalistic cultists and my characters are in the kitchen and trying to embroider.  But I'd say there will be time very soon when I'll be slinging a sword and trying to prevent the end of the game world, too.   But I'm a little tired, I must admit.  Good night.

No comments: