Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, September 09, 2016

Had a bit of a Monday on a Friday today

Where things were annoying that were really trivial, and I kept feeling like I was outside myself listening to what I was saying and wondered why the hell I was saying anything I did, but without actually shutting up. All became clear after I'd finished work, taken a friend to an appointment, got gas (I was on my gas light), and then when he bought me dinner at Captain D's and I went to take my afternoon meds, I realised that while I'd taken my Byetta and insulin this morning at breakfast, I somehow overlooked my oral meds (which explains how I worked from 8:45 am to 2 pm without taking one pee break, as I'm usually on a diuretic and a diabetic medicine that conspire against my bladder. Anyway, I took the meds this afternoon, and I feel much better, both physically and mentally. YKWIA and I spent some time visiting, and then I came on home just before dark. I've got Loreena McKennitt playing on Pandora and I think I'll do some reading, most likely from the self-help books on hoarding I have on my Kindle and out from the library, but I'm tempted to go straight to the books I found by Randall Garrett that YKWIA had been talking about earlier. They are the Lord Darcy series, an alternative-history fantasy series. Turns out I have the first three (I think he gave them to me, actually, but I've never read them). Tomorrow is a very busy day, but I may read some from the first book, taking it with me--it's very small, actually, and will fit nicely in my bag.

For tomorrow (not necessarily in order):
  • Go to a friend's house at 9 am.
  • Take the friend to the vet for a special type of cat food.
  • Take said friend to the pharmacy to correct a mistake.
  • Take friend to an appointment.
  • Go to Eastside branch of the public library for an interlibrary loan for a friend.
  • Go to the Central library for two holds for a friend.
  • Come home and work on the house.
  • Go pick up friends.
  • Take them to their respective homes.
  • Give friend books from the library.
  • Return home.
  • Read.
  • Work on the house.
  • Work on the notes (we're not playing on Sunday due to Brenda being at a Society for Creative Anachronism event, but hey, it would be good to have them done for next week.
Okay, time to listen to relaxing Celtic music and do some enjoyable reading. Good night.

No comments: