Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, December 24, 2007

The moon is a bright orb above us in a clear sky

It's colder today than yesterday, which was sunny and practically balmy. But whereas yesterday I worked 10 hours at the store, today I had the surprise of having the afternoon off, as the game was cancelled (which is sad, but on the other hand, it's nice to have some time off occasionally). So after I did notes and laundry, I came on home and went to bed for about 3 hours (I'd been up at 7 and as you know, rarely get enough sleep). Then I went out to conquer the rest of the Christmas presents I needed, which I'm happy to say was accomplished with little problem (although I thought I was going to have to rip the happy credit card reader off the register, as it kept running away with numbers on the PIN--I just hope I haven't locked myself out of my card).

It's a simple holiday season this year. I was late on Hanukah and everyone else got rather small gifts--I spent a total of $60 for 9 people--but hopefully it is the thought that counts and they all know that it wasn't that long ago since I was almost evicted. Fortunately January seems a little brighter financially. I might even be able to get that recorder then. No can do for this month. I still have a few bills to go through and I have some medicine that has to be refilled before the end of the month.

I think I'm going to close for now. I have to get up early tomorrow (although I am off from the 24th through the 1st, at least at the hospital, yipee!) and I need to get some real sleep. Good night.

No comments: