Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, May 23, 2005

Back after a hiatus

related to the move. I cannot say enough about how refreshing America's Best Moving & Storage was after the fiasco of Tuesday. Their men were friendly and courteous, took no breaks, got everything moved within a couple of hours, and were much cheaper. Needless to say, they got a tip. They really came through when the other movers dropped the ball (see the previous diatribe for that story).

So, it's been tiring and at one point I was up for 24 hours straight and went about 48 with only 7 hours total sleep, but now there's just a couple of carloads to take care of and the unpacking to do. (The thought of unpacking makes me a little weak in the knees.) I'm sure I've lost weight over the last few days, even eating mainly at McDonald's. I've certainly been working off the calories.

Sorry for no updates during that time; I really wasn't near a computer. But I'm back, and hopefully I'll find something to spout about.

No comments: