Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, April 11, 2005

Being Poor + Book Packing = - 5 lbs.

which is a good thing. The bad thing is I'm in the middle of my cycle and am inexplicably weepy, so my hormones must be mucked up. Also, I didn't get the part-time library assistant job (read: overqualified) or the computer position at the mailing company and I'm beginning to wonder what I have to do to even get a part-time job in this town. So for now, poverty ensues (as in, I have about 10 cents in pennies at home until Thursday, when I will thankfully not have to pay rent and can focus on bills and maybe even a few groceries.) I'm living off of hard-boiled eggs, other people's peanut butter and bread, and Smarties candies. But it could be worse, right?

UPDATE: 4/14/05 Make that seven pounds. :)

No comments: