Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, May 05, 2024

My view on things

Hmmm....okay, I'm finally weighing in on this. Although I am not Jewish, I did minor in Judaic Studies, took classes on the Arab-Israeli conflict, get news from a variety of sources, am trained to evaluate them, and at least tangentially know people impacted by the attacks on October 7th and beyond. Don't get me wrong, I'm very much for peace in this conflict. But this, along with a lot of videos showing protesters who don't actually know what their goals are and can't explain them when pressed, make me wonder what this is really all about Also, I'm sorry, saying the university should feed the protesters as one story reported? I'm pretty sure the anti-Vietnam protesters brought their own snacks. My point is that it is not wrong to protest injustice-peacefully-it should be protested, but know what you're protesting and don't be entitled gets parroting someone else's agenda, or destroying property, trespassing, or making threats against other people. Yes, the political situation is horrible. No, there should not be a sort of apartheid in Israel. The response to the terror attacks should have targeted Hamas as much as possible, not civilians. But I don't understand women's groups who support terrorists who use rape as a weapon in a society that would oppress them, or gays marching when they are considered abominations in that culture. The protesters (on both sides) are often ill-informed, they're believing a lot of disinformation, they're not thinking critically, and some of them are downright bigoted. Which is sad, particularly the 'best and brightest' at Ivy League and other prominent schools, which have failed them in their education. That's my opinion, anyway.

No comments: