Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, May 29, 2023

Still sick, but getting better

I haven't blogged in awhile, partly because I've been pretty much working, coming home, eating dinner, and then going to sleep. I missed two days of work due to my cold, one righ after my last post and one this week. I finally went to the Little Clinic at Kroger Saturday (a friend I work with made me promise). The cold is mostly gone but I'm coughing and having asthma issues. I have bronchitis, and was prescribed albuterol through my nebuliser every 6 hours, with the hopes of doing better with that. She said if I didn't feel better in a couple of weeks I should follow up with my primary care provider and have an x-ray of my lungs to make sure I don't have pneumonia, but that my lungs sounded fine, it was just hard to breathe deeply without coughing. And I'm not coughing anything up; it's a dry cough. My associated sinus infection is doing much better (I've gone from green gunk to mostly clear), but she said she could give me Augmenten if needed. It's got amoxicillin in it, and that concerned me, as I am allergic to penicillin and clindamycin, so I decided to hold off since it seems better. Mainly my nose goes a lot despite Claritin. Here's hoping everything improves. I hate spring colds, as they're always worse for me.

No comments: