Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, January 28, 2023

Not used to this yet...

One of my Gen X groups had a post about how someone had bought a mood ring, and I brought out the one I have, which I usually have to put on my pinkie. It doesn't fit any of my fingers--it's too big for my pinkie but too small for the ring finger as of yet, as I've lost weight. But that got me thinking, so I tried on my other rings, as I usually don't wear them at all because they're too small. I've been a size 10 for ages (when I got married 31 years ago, both my husband and I had size 10 white gold rings, which we switched because my women's ring fit him (he was 115 lbs dripping wet) and the men's ring fit me better). I was about 50-70 lbs less than I am now at the time.

Oddly enough, one ring fits really well or was even loose, and it was a size 8. It's my high school ring, something I haven't been able to wear in ages. I'm not sure why it's fitting, but hey, yay!

>

No comments: