Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, February 21, 2019

So yesterday

I woke up with a very red, itchy, inflamed, and goopy eye.  I called into work and headed to the Little Clinic when they first opened.  Because the discharge was clear, rather than coloured, and I otherwise fit the symptoms, she diagnosed me with viral conjunctivitis (pinkeye) and sent me to the pharmacy for anti-inflammatory eye drops, but of course, not being bacterial, it doesn't have an antibiotic or for that matter antiviral component to it.  In bacterial pinkeye, you can take antibiotic drops and then return to work 24 hours later.  With the viral version, though, she said if I was feeling better and not touching my eye due to itching or discharge, I could go back to work on Friday.  But she wrote the work excuse for Monday in case I was still having trouble.  I'll have to check with work if I can come back before the letter says so.  Every workplace is different.  I am feeling better.  It still has some inflammation, but it wasn't all that red this morning and was just a little matted when I woke up; it seems to be clearing up a little. On the other hand, the left eye, while not red, is itchy and watering. So we'll see.

On the other hand, I'm kind of bored.  I don't really feel 'sick'.  I did watch an episode of 'Sherlock' yesterday by myself and later 'Legion' with my roommate.  Today I may try to read.  I am a little light sensitive.  And my roommate is now having some issues with his eye, despite my wiping down everything with Lysol wipes, but of course, I was probably contagious the day before. :(

No comments: