Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Plan for a better tomorrow

The game notes are finished. After what happened last Sunday with my blood sugar shooting up and having to call the game early, this is what I plan for tomorrow:
  1. Take my Lantus tonight as I'm supposed to (I forgot to do so last Saturday)
  2. Go to bed early enough for plenty of sleep (that I did; it didn't help)
  3. Bring food for the morning and lunch before the game.
  4. Make sure I have plenty of Novolog.
  5. Take my meds, especially my Claritin (my allergies were bad last week, even with it--and dusting doesn't help them) and including my afternoon dose of Neurontin
  6. Use my inhaler if I'm having trouble breathing (I didn't last week)
  7. When we go to on the store run, buy:
    1. String cheese (for some protein and fat)
    2. Multi-grain crackers (but let Brenda have most of them)
    3. Vegetables and dip (something that will be less likely to raise my blood sugar and keep me from pigging out on the fruit, although a little fruit is okay)
    4. Soda for caffeine (I didn't have any last week, either)
  8. Watch my fruit and crackers intake, nuts are okay if Brenda brings them
That's the plan. Unless Father's Day interferes or the game is otherwise cancelled, we plan on going to both Kroger and Lowe's tomorrow, so we'll probably play late. I have a very busy beginning of the week at work this week, so hopefully it won't be past 10, although of course there's always the trick of finding a good place to stop--if you're at the climax of the story, you obviously don't just quit then. :)

No comments: