Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Home a little early tonight

I had a doctor's appointment that ran late. By the time I would have been able to take the bus back, I'd be at work for just about a half hour. So I went on home.

The good news is my retinas and optic nerves look good and the pressure in my eyes has actually gone down a little. So no need for medications or anything. Yay. I have an appointment next May for another exam, including a field of vision test, early in the morning.

So now I'm home, have eaten some free pizza, and am settling in for the night. I have a couple of projects to do on the computer, then I think I'll read for a bit. I was trying to read The House of Seven Gables in the waiting room but that had distracting yet inane TV on like 'Full House' and 'That 70s Show', the latter of which I'd never seen before but seemed, well, incredibly stupid (and I grew up during the 70s). I'm not much of a situation comedy fan, and anyway I much prefer British humour. In American television I prefer dramas, although one of my favourite shows growing up was M*A*S*H, which is a little hard to categorise, I suppose. I don't watch much TV now at all, to the amazement of my lunch crew, who mostly go for 'reality' shows that have competitions, like 'Dancing with the Stars' and 'American Idol', neither of which's appeal I particulary understand.

I think I'll chill for about an hour before I do anything else, though, maybe listen to some non-angsty music, like Loreena McKennitt. (Just folk music full of romance, death, and transformations sung in a pleasing, sweet voice to awesome instruments I can't pronounce.) :)

I'll probably write something later. But for now, good night.

No comments: