Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, June 05, 2008

I was too tired to blog properly last night

I didn't get home until 2:30 and managed to eat something and check the news before going to geting someone from work at 3 am. Then I went on to bed. I did find the Habitat for Humanity article and managed that. But I was almost too tired to focus enough to type.

Yesterday I worked, took someone to an appointment, ran some errands, and started priming the shelves and those in the utility room. I didn't get to the wainscotting or the brackets; that will have to be for tonight. I work 5-9 pm so my idea is to come home between jobs and nap (since I've only had five hours' sleep) and then go to work, go prime for another 2-3 hours, do at least an hour of notes and my normal nightly stuff, and then crash. Friday and Saturday I need to paint until I get it all done, shelves and wainscotting on the same day, so they'll be ready by Sunday. This is all worse because it's been 85 degrees without air conditioning in a small ventilation-free utility room, for the most part. Bleh. I'll be lucky I don't fall asleep during the game. :)

I was really upset yesterday because I was actually on target to pay my rent on time but when I checked to see how much my store paycheque was, I found three overdrafts. Three? I'd forgotten about the gym payment (but on the other hand, according to my records, a similar amount was still out for some gas, and I had enough money to cover it. Apparently I made an error somewhere.) But so I could understand if the gym payment overdrew. But actually through some sort of convoluted process plus the paying company's policy of not releasing funds at midnight, the way things happened were that the gym payment gobbled up the remaining funds although it was pending, and everything else in pending bounced. I understand how it works now (basically I can't trust my running balance or available balance at all). But the upshot is because of how their system handled the debits, there were three charges instead of one, eating up my entire paycheque from yesterday and leaving me negative. I got paid at the hospital last night. But I'll be short on my rent and although I'll be able to pay before being evicted or anything, it's going to cost a lot more money. Yes, this is my life, a comedy of errors. In this case part of it was my fault, part was their system and that of the company I work for, since if those funds were available (as they indicated in the available balance) at midnight, then everything would have been paid anyway. Grr.

Well, there's nothing I can do about it at this point except be sure I get everything paid I need to. Still, it was annoying.

Time to go to work.

No comments: