- I fell Friday, spraining my ankle and exacerbating some hip pain, so I've been hobbling about. I worked Friday night and most of Saturday, so I wound up standing on it more than I would have liked. But it does seem to be getting better and you won't hear me whinge about it...although thank goodness for ibuprofen.
- I was turning from Rio Dosa to Richmond Road the other day when two birds came plummeting from the sky. At first I thought they were mating (I'd seen mockingbirds doing so earlier), then I realised once they landed that this huge red-tailed hawk had made a kill. Fortunately it took its prey and got out of traffic. They're so majestic. I couldn't help wondering if it were some sort of omen. Must look that bit of folklore up.
- Sunday in the game one of my characters went on a date. Since art often rehearses what later happens in life, maybe there's hope for me yet. I did pretty well going through the interaction. Maybe I could do that for real.
- My counselor gave me some homework, a section from a workbook on self-esteem. Reading the definition made me realise my self-esteem isn't as low as I thought...I'm actually pretty balanced in how I view myself. It's my self-confidence that's in the gutter, so I have some idea of what to work on now.
- This week I have appointments with my primary doctor (to get back on my diabetic meds), my dentist (a filling), and my psychiatrist (medication management/light counseling). So I'll continue to be pretty busy.
- Yesterday I had a library committee meeting that went pretty well. I'm proud of the job I've been doing in the library lately, having catalogued the whole collection including videos, set up a lot of electronic resources, and continuing to keep our funding for our literacy programme going. There's been a suggestion of providing a book cart to circulate around the inpatient unit. Do any of you have something similar, and if so, do you have suggestions? Most people I've talked to have volunteers take the cart around with books that are donated so that if they're lost it's no big deal.
- Today's weather is beautiful and springlike. I hope it holds.
Okay, I guess that's all for now. I'll try to write more often.